You can find links to the crossword here and the answers below. Feel free to leave any comments or questions here as you would do on TfTT. [Update: Explanation of wordplay included with solution now]
[Solution (click to open)]
Some brief notes on the wordplay in the clues (I omit the definition parts):
1. PRESS (reporters) [after] E (Ecstasy; drug) [in] DIVE (sleazy joint)
8. (lax)* [at sea] around [catching] O (=0, nothing) LOT (much).
9. GO (depart) [after] DIN (loud noise).
10. Double definition.
11. Homophone [we hear] of TORE (raced) TOYS (Barbie and Mr Potato Head).
13. Triple definition.
14. [Return] BIG -> GIB, B (book) ON. Author of Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.
17. (lad ropes)* [wandering].
19. Reverse [about] hidden [restraining] in Have NO ILlusions.
21. TIER (row) [about] [head of], i.e. first letter of Giant.
22. GAFFE (blunder) [about] IR (Ireland).
23. TOME (book) [about] FOOL (dessert) [on] RY (railway).
2 E (Internet) MOTION (movement).
3 Double definition, the second a cryptic hint
t [incompletely] (season) MON (my in French).
5 Anagram of [most of] (inte
l laid)* [out].
6 First letters of [leads to] Endless Nights Nursing Unbearable Insomnia.
7 (can never go)* [wrong].
8 (elitism as a)* [corruption].
12 HEX (cast spell) A G (good) RAM (sheep).
15 Double definition.
16 A GI (soldier) [in] ADO (trouble).
bOUGHT (purchased) [unopened].
20 Hidden in [not entirely] fOR ALl.